OK, sorry for the rapidity of this post, but believe me when I tell you I am simply too busy. That isn’t just lip service, I swear! This is actually the first time I have had more than 5 minutes to sit down at my computer since Friday, and I had a lot of emails to sift through.
Here’s the gist:
1. Was in Alabama. Lovely, chilly, and I came home with about 6 pounds of beef that was at one point hand-fed by my mother. If the cuteness of the cow was any indication, it’s going to taste delicious.
2. Started work on Monday morning, but only after not getting home until 2:30 AM due to the rapid accumulation of snow on our back-country roads and the total lack of snow-plowing. And we didn’t have Pete’s giant truck with us. Needless to say, I think I left permanent indentations in the dashboard of his mother’s Volvo (because there was no way in hell we could take my little Kia home, which was left at his parent’s house when they took us to the airport) and probably lost years off my life. There was much skidding. And y’all know what happened last time.
3. Am more exhausted than I have been in a very long time, what with the previously mentioned lack of sleep on Sunday night and the fact that I’ve been getting up at 5:30 AM. I have never in my life gotten up at 5:30 AM on any kind of regular basis. Especially when I’ve spent the last 4 months languishing in bed until 9:30. ( I know, cry me a river and such. I’m not trying to make you feel sorry for me, just trying to make you understand my exhaustion) Last night I was asleep by 9:30 PM, and it was perfect, but I’m still slight deprived.
4. Um, Boston is full of germy people, and I have to be thisfuckingclose to them for my entire subway ride. The crush of people is both exhilarating and alarming, but I have found myself washing my hands obsessively every day. I am TERRIFIED of their yucky germs. Now I know what happened to Howard Hughes. I’m about 3 days away from peeing in bottles and wearing kleenex boxes on my feet.
(I really wanted to insert a picture of Mr. Burns when he went through his Howard Hughes faze, but I just don’t have the energy to do it right now, and my bed is looking mighty comfy. Just google it yourself, k?)
(Was that rude? I didn’t mean it to be rude. I’m sorry.)
5. Loving the job so far. Still very hectic and I don’t know the names of 75% of the 49 people who work in my office. Lots to learn.
6. I walked outside this morning and it was 41 degrees outside and there is still a very thick blanket of snow. So I says to Pete, I says: “Holy shit! It’s so warm out here.” I am slightly concerned I might be losing my mind.
Now sleep. Later more posty, maybe.