I don’t normally gloat over dead people, but it is about damn time. This man was a hate-filled spewing sore on America, and I’m glad we don’t have to listen to his crazy vitriol anymore.
Here are a few of his choice quotes (via Boing Boing):
* “AIDS is not just God’s punishment for homosexuals; it is God’s punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals” * “It appears that America’s anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men’s movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.”
* “If you’re not a born-again Christian, you’re a failure as a human being.”
* After the September 11 attacks Falwell said, “I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this happen.”
* “Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions”
* “[Homosexuals are] brute beasts…part of a vile and satanic system [that] will be utterly annihilated, and there will be a celebration in heaven.”
Yeah buddy, I’m sure Jesus would really approve of you.
It is times like this when I hope there is a God and a heaven and hell, just so I know that people like this will be punished for the rest of eternity. I hope he gets to the pearly gates and St. Peter punches him in the face, gives him a wedgie, and throws his ass into the fiery bowels of hell.
But the worst part is, there are so many more of him out there.